GPSC Previous Year Solved Exam Paper
1) Who among the following won the Womens Singles in the US Open 2009?
A Serena Williams
B Venus Williams
C Kim Clijsters
D Caroline Wozniacki
2) The headquarters of the International Atomic Energy is located in ?
C New York
3) Who wrote the book The Annihilation of Caste?
A Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
B Kanshi Ram
D Ram Vilas Paswan
4) Seema Antil who won the gold medal in which of the events in the UK Jumps and Throws Festival in Birmingham held in July 2009
A High Jump
B Discus Throw
C Javelin Throw
D Triple Jump
5) Which was formerly known as British Empire Games ?
B Asian Games
C Common Wealth Games
D None of these
6) Angela Merkel was in news recently as she was re-elected as the
A President of Germany
B Chancellor of Germany
C Prime Minister of Germany
D Foreign Minister of Germany
7) The Blue Book belongs to
8) Who was the first Negro to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?
A Ralph Bunche
B Frank B Kellogg
C Bishop Desmond Tutu
D None of the above
9) The Proverb Fools rush in where angels fear to tread is quoted from?
A PB Shelly
B Alexander Pope
C John Keats
D Francis Bacon
10) Worlds largest producer of coffee is __ ?
D Sri Lanka
11) Queen Victoria issued a proclamation in the year ?
12) Atom bomb was dropped in Hiroshima on ?
A 20th February 1950
B 30th August 1949
C 6th August 1945
D 24th April 1939
13) The first World Cup Football was held in
14) Michael Fred Phelps is related to ?
15) The German ruler during the Second World War was ?
16) The largest epic in the world is ?
B The Holy Quran
17) Rouff is a folk dance. It has its origin in
B Himachal Pradesh
18) Which country created news in October 2006 by announcing that it performed nuclear weapons test?
C South Korea
D North Korea
19) How many Nobel Prizes are given every year ?
20) The distance of marathon race is ?
A 25 miles
B 26 miles
C 30 miles
D 20 miles
21) The biggest exporter of food grains in the Asian Continent ?
22) Sofia is the capital of ?
23) Who created the character of James Bond ?
A Agatha Christie
B Arthur Conan Doyle
C JK Rowling
D Ian Fleming
24) Which of the following countries is not a member of G-7 countries?
25) The country that awards Nobel Prize is ?